Who are office users in Evocon?
Office users are employees within a manufacturing company who need access to Evocon in order to analyse production data (OEE, downtime, production stop reasons, availability, quality, performance etc). They do not have access to Settings but can add and change information in Lineview unless they are set up as read-only users.
An office user role can also be added to an existing factory administrator. For example to give access to another factory for the purpose of benchmarking manufacturing performance without the possibility to change captured data from production machines.
Local administrators should create new office users (either a local factory administrator or company administrator).
How to add a new office user to Evocon?
- Firstly, go to “Settings” and “Users” and click “+” to add a new user.
- Enter username and name for the user.
- Choose Office user as user type.
- Select a factory(s) for that role (this is available only if Evocon connects to multiple factories).
- If the user should have office user rights to multiple factories, then click “add new role” and complete step 3 (this is available only if Evocon connects to multiple factories).
- In the station settings menu define which stations the user will have access to and whether the access should be read & write or read-only.
- Define a default station for the user. More information here.
- Finally, complete the form and click Save.
If you have any questions about creating new users or managing existing ones then do not hesitate to contact our support.