Integration with an existing ERP system is by far the most common type of integration that we implement. This article covers most of what you need to know about integrating Evocon with your ERP system. We’ll also look at some of the most frequently asked questions on this topic.
Overview of Evocon’s ERP Integrations
Why integrate Evocon with your ERP system?
Since an ERP system quite often forms the backbone of a manufacturing company, integrating it with an OEE software, like Evocon, provides many benefits for the company. Some of which are the following:
- Streamline production data from the shop floor to other applications and departments.
- Improve the accuracy of cost calculation thanks to automated data collection on products, orders, and OEE.
- Sync your shop floor with job orders and improve the planning of your production.
What ERP systems does Evocon support?
So far we have integrated Evocon with various different ERP providers. For example SAP, Microsoft Dynamics (AX and NAV). What is important to know is that integrations with different ERP systems are possible and we analyze them on a case by case basis.
If you want to inquire how we can integrate with your ERP system, then please contact our technical support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Two types of ERP integrations
Depending on what you want to accomplish, we can divide ERP integrations with Evocon into two types.
- 1-way integration, where we move product and production orders related information from ERP to Evocon.
- 2-way integration, where we accomplish the first but also send back collected information to your ERP. For example, information on produced quantities, efficiency and quality information.
How do you integrate Evocon with an existing ERP system?
The best way for us to receive data from your ERP system would be over an API connection or XML file integration.
XML-file interface is used for importing production orders from your ERP system to Evocon.
For this to work, the installation of a small program is required, that periodically:
- Reads the production order values from your ERP database.
- Formats the values as an XML file.
- Sends the XML file to Evocon S3 bucket over a secure connection.
If you prefer to integrate Evocon with your ERP system using another method, contact our team to find a solution.
What does it cost to integrate Evocon with my ERP system?
The cost for any ERP integration is analyzed on a case-by-case basis. Once we understand what ERP system you use and the scope of the integration, we can provide you with an exact quote.
Contact our sales team if you need a quote.