To mark product changeovers on the Lineview you first need to add products to the Evocon system. We make the initial configuration when we set up the system but you can certainly always add new products or edit existing ones in our Settings module. Having correct product information is important for the reason to get accurate OEE readings.
It is also possible to get all the product information to Evocon via an API connection with your ERP provider. Please contact our support for more information on how to do this.
How to add new product groups? (optional)
It is possible to add similar products to product groups for better reporting on OEE, availability, performance, quality and more.
- First of all, click „Products“ tab in Settings.
- Click on the “+” icon in the “Product groups” table.
- Enter a name for the group in the pop-up window.
- Click “Save”.
How to add new products?
- Click on the “Products” tab in Settings.
- Click on the “+” icon (add new).
- Fill out the form in the pop-up window:
- Name – the name of the product.
- Group – select a product group for the product. You can also group similar products for better reporting (optional).
- Product code – enter your own unique code for the product (optional).
- Measuring unit – describe measuring unit e.g. pcs (pieces), kg (kilograms), L (litres). Limited to 5 letters.
- Click “Save”.
Note: to edit product information, just click on the edit icon and make necessary changes.
How to assign a product to a station?
When creating a new product in Evocon, it must also be assigned to a station or if the same product is produced on multiple stations, then these settings must be done for each station separately. This is necessary so the system can calculate OEE correctly. It is also important to note that if stations are not defined for products, then operators cannot access them in Lineview and product changeovers cannot be made.
- Firstly, click on the “Products” tab in Settings.
- Find the product you want to add to a station and click on it.
- A new table will appear below the product. Click on the + icon to add the product to a station.
- Finally, fill out the form in the pop-up window:
- Station – select a station (production line) that produces the product.
- Ideal cycle time – enter an ideal cycle time and unit for the product, because the ideal cycle time is necessary to calculate OEE. If ideal cycle time is not known, then enter the cycle time that you think the product should have and if performance is actually faster than 100%, then change the setting afterwards.
- Stop start time (sec) – enter a value in seconds, when a time between 2 products is considered as a production stop and has to be commented by the line operator. Cycle times exceeding this value will be displayed red on the Lineview page. The recommended value to start with is 300 seconds (5 minutes).
- Units per one signal – enter the number of products registered by the sensor per one signal. For example, if 3 bottles are in one row and the sensor detects them as 1 bottle passing, then the value to enter is 3. By default, the value is 1.
- Click “Save”.
Note: to edit product settings for a station or delete a product from a station, just click on the corresponding icons. When editing product settings (e.g. changing cycle time value) then for the new settings to apply, you must do a new product changeover in Lineview.