Product changeovers are marked by production operators when they start a new job or order. When marking changeovers it is very important that the operators choose the correct time for the changeover. All products, that the system registers, are displayed as circles on the hourly timeline which allows operators to easily find the correct product and mark it on the Lineview as a new order.
In most cases, there is a production stop when operators start a new product/order and that is why changeovers should always be marked after the stop (not before). This ensures that the system automatically calculates new cycle times and displays correct performance information to operators.
Note: it is also possible to enable product changeovers both on stops and product circles. In order to enable this feature, please contact Evocon support.
Marking product changeovers
- Click on the product circle that marks the new product (very important).
- Choose product changeover from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the product (or production order) from the list or use search.
- Enter target quantity (optional).
- Click “Save” to confirm.
- A blue icon will appear above the product circle which marks the start of a new order.
Deleting and editing a product changeover
- To edit a product changeover click on the product circle that marks a product changeover and choose edit. Make changes and click “Apply”.
- To delete a product changeover click on the product circle that marks a product changeover and choose delete. Click “Delete” to confirm.