- This website is operated by Evocon OÜ (“we” or “us”). We recognize the importance of your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal data. This privacy notice (“Notice”) explains the principles on how we collect and use information when you visit the website: https://evocon.com/ („Website“), subscribe to our newsletter, submit to our partner program, request for a free trial or take any other actions on our Website, which entail us receiving and processing your personal data.
- Please note that this Notice does not apply whilst using the overall equipment effectiveness services provided by us.
- We process your personal data as described in this Notice and in accordance with applicable legislation, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (2016/679) and the national data protection laws of the Republic of Estonia, as applicable towards the personal data controller stated in Section 2 of this Notice.
- In case you disclose any personal data regarding any third person(s) (e.g. your employee, management board member, co-worker, etc.) to us, you are obligated to refer them to this Notice.
2. Personal data controller
- For the personal data processing purposes brought out in Section 4 of this Notice, the controller of your personal data is:
Evocon OÜ Registry code: 12977378 Address: A. Vabbe tn 8-2, 51011 Tartu, Estonia E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In case of personal data protection related inquiries, please contact us by writing to: email@example.com or Vana-Lõuna 39/1, 10134 Tallinn, Estonia.
3. Categories and sources of personal data
- Personal data are information that can be used to directly or indirectly uniquely identify, contact, or locate you as a private individual (“Personal Data”). The source of the collected Personal Data depends on how you interact with us. We may obtain and process the following categories of Personal Data:
- Main data: name, e-mail address, company name (“Main Data”). Source: Personal Data you directly provide to us upon submitting your information via our Website.
- Information you provide to us upon submitting to our partner program: Main Data, phone number, country, website of the company, description of your vision for our co-operation, any other details disclosed by you (“Partnering Data”). Source: Personal Data you directly provide to us upon submitting to our partner program.
- Marketing data: Main Data, position. Additionally, we may supplement the Personal Data that you have provided to us directly with information that has been obtained from publicly available resources (i.e. LinkedIn and e-mail search) (“Marketing Data”). Source: Information you provide to us upon subscribing to our newsletter and the information we have obtained from publicly available resources. If you interact with us via the Website, live chat or e-mails, we process the following Personal Data: Main Data, contents of your message („Communication Data“). Source: Personal Data you directly or via a data processor (e.g. Help Scout) provide to us upon contacting us.
- Upon visiting the Website, our server processes the following data: IP address, access-provider, referring URL, date, time, access tokens, session key, browser type and version, operating system, amount and state of transferred data (“Technical Data”). Source: While you are browsing through the Website, the Website itself generates or collects the Technical Data from your device automatically.
- Cookie data. We implement cookies on the Website, for optimising the Website and its functionalities. The cookies may collect your Personal Data. For further information on the purposes and functions of the cookies, please see our cookie notice.
- If you do not provide the required information, we may not be able to contact you or fulfil any other purposes provided in Section 4 of this Notice.
4. Legal basis and purposes for processing the Personal Data
- Our legal basis to process your Personal Data depends on the objective and context in which we collect the Personal Data. The following depicts a descriptive list of processing purposes that are linked to the specific data categories and legal basis for processing:
Processing purpose Legal basis for the processing purpose Personal Data used for the processing purpose Responding to your enquiries and requests submitted via the Website, live chat, or e-mail Our legitimate interest in ensuring effective relations management with potential customers, partners and interested parties. If you wish to become or are already our client or partner and the enquiry or request is related to your potential or ongoing customer or partnering relationship with us, the legal basis is taking and implementing the pre-contractual measures of a contract or performing the contract Communication Data, Partnering Data (if relevant) Providing you with access to our online product tour/demo environment Taking and implementing the pre-contractual measures of a contract or performing the contract Main Data Gathering information about you from publicly available resources and registrars for the purposes of customising the information we provide to you about our business Our legitimate interest in promoting our business activities and ensuring effective relations management with potential customers, partners and interested parties Marketing Data Sending newsletters and other marketing information regarding us and our business via e-mail Consent given upon subscribing to our newsletter. In case we have been in contact regarding Evocon services, our legitimate interest in promoting our similar services Marketing Data Administering newsletter subscription list Our legitimate interest in ensuring valid legal basis for sending newsletters and recording given and withdrawn consents (subscriptions) Marketing Data Diagnose and repair problems with the Website Our legitimate interest in providing data security and preventing fraudulent actions related to the Website; ensuring the functioning of the Website Technical Data Storing information containing Personal Data in our backup systems Our legitimate interest in ensuring the security of data processing operations All data categories named in Section 3.1 Data disclosures to our service providers or law enforcement and data protection authorities Our legitimate interest in utilising the information technology infrastructure and services provided by our co-operation partners or performance of our legal obligation All data categories named in Section 3.1 Data disclosures to our co-operation partners Our legitimate interest in providing you with our services through our local co-operation partner All data categories named in Section 3.1
- We may process your Personal Data for other purposes, provided that we disclose the purposes and use to you at the relevant time, and that you either consent to the proposed use of the Personal Data, other legal grounds exist for the new processing purposes or the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose brought out above.
5. Personal Data retention period
- Your Personal Data shall be stored insofar as reasonably necessary to attain the objectives stated in Section 4 of this Notice, or until the legal obligation stipulates that we do so. To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your Personal Data, the processing purposes and whether we can achieve these purposes through other means, and applicable statutory obligations. Whilst retaining the Personal Data, we take into account the viable need to resolve disputes and enforce the contract between us or anonymize your Personal Data and retain this anonymized information indefinitely.
- Your demo account (product tour) and related Personal Data shall be deleted after 60 days as of the creation of the account.
- In case the legal basis for processing your Personal Data is consent and you decide to withdraw the consent, we will stop processing Personal Data for the previously communicated purpose, however, we will retain a note regarding your withdrawal for the purposes of administering your decision and our data processing activities at least for a period of 3 years.
- After the expiry of the retention period determined in accordance with Section 1 of this Notice or the termination of the legal basis for processing purpose, we may retain the materials containing the Personal Data in the backup systems, from which the corresponding materials will be deleted after the end of the backup cycle. We ensure that during the backup period appropriate safeguards are applied and the backed-up materials are put beyond the use.
6. Your rights as a data subject
- We have a legal obligation to ensure that your Personal Data is kept accurate and up to date. We kindly ask you to assist us to comply with this obligation by ensuring that you inform us of any changes that have to be made to any of your Personal Data that we are processing.
- You may, at any time, exercise the following rights with respect to our processing of your Personal Data by contacting us via contact information referred to in this Notice:
- Right to access: you have the right to request access to any data that can be considered your Personal Data. This includes the right to be informed on whether we process your Personal Data, what Personal Data categories are being processed by us, and the purpose of our data processing;
- Right to rectification: you have the right to request that we correct any of your Personal Data if you believe that it is inaccurate or incomplete;
- Right to object: you are entitled to object to certain processing of Personal Data, including, for example, the processing of your Personal Data for marketing purposes or when we otherwise base our processing of your Personal Data on our legitimate interest;
- Right to restrict Personal Data processing: you have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your Personal Data if you wish to: (i) object the lawfulness of the processing; (ii) fix unlawful processing of Personal Data; (iii) receive or avoid deletion of Personal Data for establishing or defending against legal claims; or (iv) demand restriction of the processing until assessing the plausibility of our legitimate interest in the specific processing activity;
- Right to erasure: you may request your Personal Data to be erased if the Personal Data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected, or if you consider that the processing is unlawful, or if you consider that the Personal Data has to be erased to enable us to comply with a legal requirement;
- Right to data portability: if your Personal Data is being automatically processed with your consent or on the basis of a mutual contractual relationship, you may request that we provide you that Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. Moreover, you may request that the Personal Data is transmitted to another controller. Bear in mind that the latter can only be done if that is technically feasible;
- Right to withdraw your consent: in cases where the processing is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to such processing at any time;
- Right to contact the supervisory authority: if you are not satisfied with our response to your request in relation to Personal Data or you believe we are processing your Personal Data not in accordance with the law, you can submit your claim with the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate (in Estonian Andmekaitse Inspektsioon) at firstname.lastname@example.org (https://www.aki.ee/).
- Please note that prior to answering your request, we may ask you to provide additional information for the purposes of authenticating you and evaluating your request regarding your rights brought out in Section 2 of the Notice.
7. Sharing your personal data and data transfers
- We disclose your Personal Data to third parties only in accordance with this Notice to recipients who have undertaken to observe confidentiality or are subject to statutory confidentiality. Your Personal Data will be disclosed to our employees who due to their duties have the necessity to process your Personal Data.
- Only if necessary, for fulfilling our statutory or contractual obligations, we may disclose your Personal Data to the following recipients:
Type of the recipient Purpose of disclosure Law enforcement and data protection authorities We disclose your Personal Data to law enforcement and data protection authorities only if we are under a duty to disclose or share these data in order to comply with legal obligations (for example, if required to do so under applicable law, by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime) Professional advisors (legal advisors, accounting etc. bound to confidentiality) In case not operating as data processors, the legitimate interests in conducting and supporting our regular business activities. IT-service providers In case not acting as data processor, for providing IT solutions necessary for daily business functions Local co-operation partners Providing you with our services through our local co-operation partner Potential business acquirers and business transferee(s) If necessary and required for successfully transferring our business or for the purposes of mergers and acquisitions, your Personal data may be disclosed to the specified acquirers and their representatives and/or legal counsels
- In addition to the third parties brought out in Section 2 of the Notice, we may disclose Personal Data to third party service providers who act as data processors and may operate the technical infrastructure that we need to host, store, manage and maintain the daily business. The following depicts the main categories with examples of our authorised processors, their location and reason for processing:
Category of the authorised processor Processing purpose Safeguard Location Providers of IT-services Providing IT-solutions necessary for the daily business functions Data processing agreements, standard contractual clauses, EU-U.S Privacy Shield, if necessary World-wide Providers of analytics and marketing software services Providing analytical insight and marketing tools for bettering daily business functions (e.g. MailChimp, Reply.io) Data processing agreements, standard contractual clauses, EU-U.S Privacy Shield, if necessary World-wide Providers of customer relations management and sales software Assisting sales and managing of the customer relationships (e.g. Pipedrive, Help Scout) Assisting sales and managing of the customer relationships (e.g. Pipedrive, Help Scout) Data processing agreements, standard contractual clauses, EU-U.S Privacy Shield, if necessary EU/EEA and/or U.S.
- In some cases, we may transfer your Personal Data outside the European Union or European Economic Area, if the respective operational service providers located outside the European Union or European Economic Area. We shall opt to use special Personal Data protection safeguards, in order to ensure the safety of your Personal Data. For obtaining further information on the processors engaged by us or if you wish to get acquainted with or obtain information on the transferring of your Personal Data outside the European Union or European Economic Area and the safeguards implied thereof by contacting us using the contact information specified in this Notice.
8. First and third-party cookies
In addition to different cookie categories by their functionality and expiration period, cookies are divided into first- and third-party cookies. First-party cookies are deployed directly by us to your device. Third-party cookies are served by a third party on our behalf, in particular advertising / tracking cookies by LinkedIn, Facebook and Google.
If you have consented to the activation of the tracking cookies for advertising platforms, your data may be subject to automated processing. The tracking cookies monitor your behaviour between different websites and allow us to use Facebook, Google Ads, LinkedIn Ads or other advertising platforms to serve you personalized ads and measure advertising performance ad network websites after you leave the website. Such automated processing has no effect on you other than providing you with a customized and enjoyable online experience.
In addition to cookie management options provided below, you can adjust or prevent the application of third-party cookies and thus their processing of data related to you as follows:
9. Basis for applying cookies
Necessary cookies are activated automatically upon you enter the website. The legal basis for applying and processing data collected through these cookies is our legitimate interest in ensuring core functions and security of the website.
Performance, functional and advertising / tracking cookies are activated only after you have consented to application of such cookies using our cookie tool and any information gathered via those cookies are processed based on the given consent. You can withdraw your consent from applying such cookies any time without any adverse effect by either choosing “Change your consent” to manage your given consents or “Withdraw your consent” to withdraw all of your given consents. Additionally, you can choose to block cookies as described below.
10. Amendments to this notice
- This Notice may be amended or modified from time to time to reflect changes in the way we process Personal Data and, in such case, the most recent version of the Notice will appear on this page. Please check back periodically, and especially before you provide any new personally identifiable information.